Open T.R.A.I.L. Ranch strives to make equine assisted services affordable and accessible to all who can benefit. One way we do this is through Participant Scholarships.
The resources for Open T.R.A.I.L. Scholarships are limited and dependent on availability of donated funds. We try to provide financial assistance to those participants who cannot afford the fee. However, we do request that participants make any possible payments before the end of the session.
Scholarships are awarded based on need and decided by the Open T.R.A.I.L. Scholarship Committee. Financial assistance is given by session, Spring, Summer or Fall. Applicants must apply for each session to be considered for a scholarship.
Scholarship Application Deadlines:
December 31 for Spring Session
April 30 for Summer Session
August 15 for Fall Session
- Scholarships are available for all services that Open T.R.A.I.L. Ranch offers (Adaptive Riding, OT, Equine Assisted Learning). A participant may apply for one class type per session.
- The maximum amount of scholarship that will be awarded is based on income. Please see PDF application below for additional details.
- The maximum award for the summer session is 50% of the session fee.
- Additional consideration is given for mitigating factors, which could impact the sum granted. These include: five or more people in the family, more than one disabled family member, single parent family, or unusual medical needs.
- All assistance is granted by the decision of the Scholarship Committee. Once the committee decides the participant will be notified in writing as soon as possible prior to the beginning of the session.
- All scholarship applications must include the first page of the most recent IRS income tax return or a copy of an SSI or other government assistance check and participant registration forms. If the participant is a minor, the tax income return for the parent/legal guardian is required. Applications not containing financial information and registration forms will not be considered by the committee.
- Applications for new participants must include a signed Participant Handbook with signed medical release. Signed handbooks may be emailed, faxed, dropped off at the barn or mailed.
- Financial assistance is awarded for the current session only. A new application MUST be submitted for each session; it should be submitted no later than the designated deadlines to the beginning of the current session.
- No renewal will be considered if there is a balance due.
- All applications received by Open T.R.A.I.L. Ranch will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Would you like to be a champaign for those who receive scholarships at Open T.R.A.I.L. Ranch? You can donate towards our scholarship fund which enables us to serve more participants without the limitations of financial burdens. Donate here to provide those with disabilities and hardships in our community the chance to experience life change with horses.